These free printable vintage Christmas gift tags with antique Santas, bells and holly are perfect for thoughtful gift wrapping and uniquely sweet holiday presents that will be cherished by your loved ones. They are easy to personalize and hang with ribbon or string from your favorite gift wrap or boxes.
A few weeks ago when I shared my DIY Vintage Santa Ornaments + Printable, I started putting together these Christmas gift tags for you! You might also love these neutral holly gift tags and these free printable pinecone gift tags.
When I was searching through all of the old antique images for my bedroom Christmas tree, I saw so many that I thought would make beautiful cards and accents for Christmas presents. I thought making some tags similar to the ornaments I made would be beautiful and I think they turned out to be so sweet. I meant to get them out to you sooner but hopefully they will come in handy for your gift wrapping, if not for this year then for next! The people I have already given them to have loved them so far, so I hope you enjoy them too!
How to Print and Assemble Free Printable Christmas Gift Tags
- Download and Print the Christmas Gift Tags (see below)
- German glass glitter (buy here)
- glitter glue (buy here or here)
- Mini hole punch (buy here)
- ribbon, jute twine, or baker's twine (here, here)
Note- you could certainly print these and use tape to secure them to the presents and they would be very cute too.
Step 1: Download and Print Gift Tags
To print these vintage Christmas gift tags, just click on the links below and then hit download in the upper righthand corner of the screen. I think they print better for me personally when I download them to my computer first and then print. Just a note- I printed most of mine at a print shop because their laser printer just does such a beautiful job compared to my cheap printer.
I also printed mine on card stock so they would have little more weight to them. If you are going to glitter the edges, it helps for the paper to be thicker than regular computer paper.
Step 2: Punch Holes in the Christmas Gift Tags
It is so much easier to punch holes in the gift tags before you add the glitter. I will be honest though- half the time I forget to do this until afterward and I am always kicking myself.
I usually use a mini hole punch for these types of projects and love it. You can find mine here. I like how it feels nicer and cleaner, and maybe even a bit more professional.
Step 3: German Glass Glitter the Edges
I added German glass glitter to the edges of my Christmas gift tags and they are so sparkly and pretty in person. The glass glitter adds such great texture and dimension. You can see the tutorial, and read all about glass glitter info and tips in my post HERE. You can also grab my sweet free printable bird ornaments (that I also love to glass glitter) HERE.
The short of it:
- line tags with clear drying adhesive (these are my favorites here or here)
- place on a sheet of paper
- pour glass glitter over the top
- lift tag and allow excess to fall off
- gently fold paper and dump excess glitter back into jar
They are beautiful without the glass glitter, too, if you are short on time or don't care for glitter.
Step 4: Tie with Ribbon or Twine
After glitter has dried completely (it usually takes a couple of hours), I used ribbon, jute twine or baker's twine to add ties to my Christmas Gift tags.
If you are using ribbon, you will need one that is very thin. I happened to have this cute black and white one in my stash so I have no idea where it came from. Baker's twine is the easiest and very affordable option. jute twine is cute too, but a little harder to thread through holes than the baker's twine.
Other Uses for Christmas Gift Tags
There are many uses for gift tags other than the perfect accessory for gift wrap. They are so inexpensive (or free) to create, so it is easy to use them for a number of festive ideas:
- ornaments on the Christmas tree (they would be so cute on this vintage toy tree)
- neighbor gifts- tie them to a loaf of bread or a plate of cookies
- bulletin board decor
- hang them with clips as a vintage banner
- drape a row of them along the mantel
- attach one to each of your Christmas stockings along with a bow or a bell
- use them for your advent calendar like mine here
- give the tags as a gift to a friend or loved one along with a roll of wrapping paper.
Download Free Printable Gift Tags
- Vintage Bells Gift Tags (2 coordinating vintage bells gift tags)
- Vintage Children Christmas Gift Tags (2 coordinating vintage children in gorgeous deep red and green tones)
- Santa Sleigh Gift Tags
- Free Printable Vintage Santa Gift Tags (2 coordinating postcard with children)
- Green Printable Santa Gift Tags (2 coordinating green Santas)
- Christmas Dog Gift Tags
- Holly Bells and Stars Gift Tags (2 coordinating tags)
- 5 Vintage Santa Postcard Gift Tags
- 2 Vintage Red Santa Gift Tags (2 coordinating red Santas with gorgeous detail)
- Vintage Victorian Santa Gift Tags (with holly wreath and sweet little girl)
I hope you enjoy these! They were a labor of love and I really enjoyed designing them for you!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.