Beautiful Christmas table decoration ideas for an easy holiday tablescape including copper, brass, candlelight, twinkle lights, red pears and green cloth napkins. Entertain family and friends in a festive and inviting way this season!
Christmas table decorations are one of my favorite things to pull together! Some of my favorites are the classic Christmas tablescape with gingerbread houses, Christmas tablescape with gifts and wafer cookie cake, and my jingle bells tablescape.
Christmas Table Decoration Ideas
Christmas table decorations can be made with many festive things, but here is a list of a few of my favorites. The best way to make a table special is to use the things/colors you love and build a table around them! There are so many different things you can do!
For this table, I used many of my favorite things from red pears, hydrangeas, brass candlesticks, copper, and twinkle lights. I invest in the plates, flatware, glassware, etc and reuse them over and over. Then I add seasonal items to make each table unique.
How to Decorate a Table
These are the basic steps that I use to decorate each of my tables.
- Add a runner or a table square.
- Add a centerpiece, or other focal point.
- Layer place settings with a charger, plates, napkins and flatware.
- I like to add a little something special at each place setting- an ornament, gift, printable, ribbon, etc.
- Add pretty glasses at each place setting.
- Sprinkle as much candlelight as you can (at least that's what I do).
I think one of my very favorite things about Christmas tables is that they are so warm and inviting. When the weather begins to turn chilly, I love to make things more cozy with candlelight and even a warm fireplace.
- taper candles
- twinkle lights
- pillar candles in hurricane lanterns
- floating candles
Add Warmth and Richness
One of the things that helps to really make things feel festive is to add warmth and color. Even a neutral color palette with warm textures can feel Christmasy!
- rich Christmas colored linens
- something special at each place setting like red pears, pomegranates, gifts, an ornament, etc.
- free Christmas printables are a great way to add color and charm
- metallic accents like brass candlesticks, silverware, or copper pots
- rich textured or color plate chargers.
- or tie each napkin with a pretty ribbon (find my favorites here)
Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
My favorite Christmas decoration ideas for the middle of the table or centerpiece, are ones where I can get creative, often with the things I have on hand.
Some of my very favorites include:
- flower arrangements
- Pomegranates, Oranges, and fresh greenery
- Mercury Glass and sugared cranberries
- holiday desserts
- or you can use anything festive really, even children's vintage toys
Christmas Table Decoration Ideas on a Budget
Some of my very favorite decorations come together because I use the things that I have on hand!
Budget Friendly Christmas Table Decoration Ideas
- Use wrapping paper! It makes a beautiful and festive table runner!
- Use clippings from your yard or ask a Christmas tree lot for their clippings (often free).
- Check the dollar store! I have found beautiful glassware, chargers, and decorations there. (I painted my own DIY vintage copper chargers used for this table)
- Repurpose old ornaments or decorations by laying them down the middle of your table. Accent with candlelight and you will have a beautiful tablescape.
- A yard of fabric makes a great table square, frayed edges and all!
- Incorporate heirlooms or hand-me-downs that have special meaning to you. A table feels more special that way.
- Fruit is a budget friendly (and edible) decoration
I have 7 more beautiful holiday tablescape and entertaining ideas for you! I know you will love these!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.