Magical Christmas candlelight at home with the kids, reading, putting together the nativity, and lighting our holiday Santa and reindeer lanterns. The best part of the Christmas season are the cozy nights snuggled up by the fire!
One of the things we love to do during the Christmas season is to turn down all of the lights and hang out by the light of the Christmas tree, twinkle lights on the mantel garland and candlelight luminaries.
Free Printable Christmas Lanterns
We love making Christmas lanterns (luminaries) during the holiday season! They create such a magical ambiance and they cost just pennies to make at home. We made them again this year and the kids were thrilled!
My little ones love to help me make them and get such a kick out of turning down all of the lights to make them light up in the dark.
Here are the lanterns in action:
Christmas Candlelight Ideas
We love lighting candles around the house during Christmastime. Whether it is my favorite scented holiday candle, or setting a Christmas candlelight tablescape, it adds a coziness to the house that always feels like a treat.
Here are some of my favorite Christmas candlelight tablescapes:
- Oranges and Pomegranates with Candles on Pedetals
- Traditional Christmas tablescape with beautiful DIY flower arrangement
- Jingle bells tablescape with DIY bell napkin holders
- Christmas tablescape with presents and beautiful wafer cookie cake
- Easy orange and pomegranate centerpiece tablescape
- Red pears and mercury glass Christmas tablescape
- Children's toy tablescape
- Vintage bottlebrush trees tablescape
- Classic Christmas tablescape with gingerbread houses
Other Christmas Ambiance Ideas
Besides lanterns, luminaries, and candles, we love to add twinkle lights to anything and everything at Christmastime!
Here are the littles in front of our lit garland putting together their wooden nativity.
We have trees in every bedroom and in all of the main rooms in our home. The warm twinkling glow at night is so special. We look forward to it every year.
To see all of my trees dripping with twinkle lights, check out my Christmas trees category page, but here are some of my favorites:
- Vintage red and green Christmas tree
- Vintage teal Blue and warm silver Christmas tree in my bedroom
- Vintage toy Christmas tree
- Red striped ribbon Christmas tree
- Blue and white with silver mercury glass Christmas tree
One of our other favorites is cozying up in front of the fireplace to take the chill off on a cold day. These candles on the mantel are battery operated so they bring the ambiance without the fire hazard.
Here are 7 more beautiful homes dripping in Christmas candlelight. They are so magical and I know you will love them!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.