Create a fall sunflower arrangement with grocery store flowers and foraged leaves for your kitchen counter, table, or for autumn entertaining! It doesn't have to be a special occasion to enjoy a little arrangement at home.
One of my favorite fall centerpieces was this post I did on how to make a Pumpkin Flower Arrangement and a beautiful one that has become a yearly tradition for our family are this DIY Fall Leaf Luminaries.
When the weather begins to turn and I feel a little chill in the air, I start to crave all of the warm colors and patinas of fall. I pull out my fall towels, cozy knitted linens, fluffy pillows and throws, wood trays and cutting boards, and of course, I always pull out my copper.
Oh how I love copper. It especially feels at home amongst all of the warm fall colors.
Fall Sunflower Arrangement Tablescape
In our little rental, we don't have much room for a full table, so I picked up this small one at a local thrift store for only $10. I might put a new top on it because this one is a plywood that's pretty rough, but it is still very charming.
I put my little fall sunflower arrangement on a wicker tray to brighten up our kitchen. We have just enough room around this table for all 4 of my little ones, so I plan to have a fall feast right here.
Every year, I grab two of the glass jugs of apple cider from the grocery store and peel off the label. I use them as decoration for the season and we usually drink them around halloween. I think they are so pretty (and delicious).
Types of Flowers in this Arrangement
One of the things I always do when the weather turns is collect little bunches of grocery store flowers and forage leaves from here and there. I love to put together flower arrangements for my kitchen counter or table.
I even keep a pair of scissors in the car in case I ever need to pull over for clippings.
The best fall flower arrangements feel foraged, relaxed and natural.
For this arrangement, I used several different kinds of flowers:
- creamy peach hypericum
- red hypericum
- seeded eucalyptus
- fall leaves from a nearby tree
- straw flower
- snow candles (not sure if this is right, but it is the tall white cone shaped ones)
How to Make a Fall Sunflower Arrangement
- Fill a vessel with water. I used an antique ironstone piece that I found at a local antique store.
- Place a spikey flower frog in the bottom or tape a grid at the top of the vessel.
- Add a few clippings of fall leaves as the base of the flower arrangement.
- Add a few sprigs of the seeded eucalyptus.
- Evenly space sunflowers around to make the outside structure of the arrangement. Make sure to poke these into the flower frog spikes so they stay where you put them.
- Begin to fill in the empty spaces with a combination of the hypericum berries, snow candles, strawflower and more seeded eucalyptus and fall leaves. Be sure to space out colors so they are feel balanced around the flower arrangement. Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect at all.
Tips for Making this Fall Flower Arrangement
- Don't overthink it. Just add flowers here and there where you like them and enjoy your arrangement.
- It looks better when it is not perfect. If everything was perfect on your fall flower arrangement, it wouldn't have that natural rustic charm.
- There are plenty of things that can be foraged this time of the year, so you don't even need to buy flowers if you don't want to! There is so much beauty and color all around in the autumn.
More Entertaining and Tablescapes for Fall
If you love creating cozy spaces for entertaining like I do, you might love these fall tables:
- Moody Outdoor Fall Table
- Simple Fall Tablescape
- Outdoor Fall Family Table
- Golden Yellow Fall Tablescape
- Fall Table by Candlelight- outdoor fall decorations
For more Fall centerpiece and flower arrangement inspiration, you will love these beautiful ideas from my friends:
Fall Sunflower Arrangement by Ella Claire & Co. | 5 Minute Fall Table Centerpiece by Handmade Farmhouse | Vintage-Inspired Fall Tablescape by Inspired by Charm | Fall Arrangement from Grocery Store Flowers by Craftberry Bush
Simply Natural Autumn Table Setting by French Country Cottage | Setting the Table for a Fall Family Feast by Azure Farm | Moody Fall Floral Arrangement by Zevy Joy | Simple Fall Tablescape with Goldenrod by Dear Lillie
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.