An easy outdoor table setting for spring entertaining with a fresh flower centerpiece in a pretty backyard setting. Tablescapes outside in the warmer months are fun to throw together and create such memorable evenings with family and friends.
I love to put together little outdoor table settings here in our backyard for family and friends like this simple summer outdoor entertaining or outdoor fall entertaining. You might like to see all of my entertaining and tablescapes- indoor and out!
Our weather here has been a bit all over the place, but in between spurts of rain we have had beautiful blue skies and even warmth. It is so nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sunshine here and there.
The birds chirping, the little plants blossoming, the trees getting their leaves. The smell of spring floating in the air.
It feels both new and familiar each spring and I am always surprised by just how wonderful it is.
We have some new changes on the horizon for our little family this year and I am thankful for these moments.
Outdoor Table Setting Supplies
Entertaining outdoors is one of my very favorite things to do in the spring and summer months. Creating special tables for my family and friends to have special evenings chatting and laughing is something I truly enjoy.
I think the trick to being able to quickly throw a table together for outdoor entertaining, is to keep basic neutral plates and serve ware on hand to use at a moment's notice. With just a quick trip to the store for flowers, I am ready to pull together a table effortlessly.
All of my basics include:
- white dinner plates
- white salad plates
- silverware (I have a new and vintage set)
- neutral chargers
- variety of napkins and table linens to add the pop of color
- white candles
- neutral/glass/white ironstone vases for flower arrangements
How to Create an Outdoor Table Setting
Creating a little backyard table is easy with these steps:
- Set up a table and enough chairs for your family and any guests.
- Add a tablecloth or table runner. I have collected several over the years from thrift and antique stores and they are always fun to pull out and use! You can always forego this step as well.
- Lay out chargers, plates, silverware.
- Set out glassware.
- Add flower arrangement or any centerpiece.
- Add candles. They always add a little magic.
It really only takes me a few minutes to throw a table together these days because I have the basics on hand. And it is always worth it.
Adding Backyard Ambiance
This one is my very favorite thing to add when having dinner outdoors. Here are some ideas for adding the sparkle and ambiance that gives such a special feeling to any dinner:
- cafe lights
- string lights
- votive candles
- pillar candles in hurricane lanterns
- lanterns on the ground with candles (faux outdoor candles work well for this)
- leftover Christmas twinkle lights
How to Make a Flower Arrangement for Outdoor Table Setting
My husband sent me a bouquet of flowers for an early Mother's Day surprise and I decided to rearrange them into this centerpiece for my spring outdoor table setting.
Here are a few basic steps for an easy DIY flower arrangement:
- Gather (very fresh) coordinating flowers from store, your garden, or supplier.
- Grab a vase or other vessel for your arrangement and fill with cool, clean water and a packet of flower food if you have it. If using a vessel like the ironstone one pictured, you will need a floral frog and/or chicken wire.
- Cut greenery and lightly fill in the base of your vessel.
- Begin your arrangement by clipping the bottom of your largest base flower (roses here) at an angle and sticking them all around your vessel until you have the basic framework of your arrangement. For this one, I kept a pretty even sphere/oval shape.
- Fill in the gaps, evenly, with another layer of the same flower or other coordinating filler flowers.
- Repeat until you have a nice full arrangement.
As you can see, my tree has lost all of her blossoms and my snowball bush is going to be blooming any day now, which makes me one happy girl. It is my favorite time of the year in this little backyard.
I hope you have some wonderful little backyard table settings planned for this year! They really are so joyful.
Here are a few other sp
Ella Claire & Co. | Handmade Farmhouse | Azure Farm | French Country Cottage
Shabbyfufu | Maison de Cinq | Home with Holly J | Designthusiasm
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply