Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Cookies will make your house smell amazing this fall! I tweaked this recipe over and over until I got the perfect blend of pumpkin and spices with the bonus of chocolate chips. Your family will love these delicious cookies and will keep asking for more!
I really don't know what it is about fall that makes me want to bake with everything pumpkin. I just start craving that earthy sweetness and pumpkin flavors mixed with spices always hit the spot. My whole family loves when I make Pumpkin Doughnuts. We also love Pumpkin Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and a serious indulgence Pumpkin Custard Pie with Gingersnap Crust. All of my pumpkin recipes can be made with canned pumpkin, but they're all even better when I use homemade Pumpkin Puree!
I have tried out so many recipes for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies over the years, and I have combined and tweaked them until I created one that is perfect! They have delicious flavor with the perfect combination of spices, chocolate chips and pumpkin. They are still soft and moist like other pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but not quite as cakey... making them the perfect combination!
Tip: Don't skip the last step because it makes a huge difference!
Pumpkin and autumn go hand in hand and these cookies are delicious as an after school snack, to take to a fall party, or to deliver to a neighbor or friend!
About Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies have the perfect texture and flavor. The pumpkin puree keeps the cookies really moist and soft and the vibrant spices of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves work with the pumpkin to create fabulous layers of texture and flavor. And of course, the chocolate. The morsels of chocolate speckled throughout the cookie are like little treasures of chocolatey creaminess so these cookies are downright delicious!
Tools you will need
This recipe just uses a few of my favorite tools:
Ingredients for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I know the list seems long, but I'm sure all of these items are already in your pantry. We're using basic baking ingredients, plus a lot of flavorful spices. Pro tip: make sure you have fresh spices for the best result.
- pumpkin puree
- vegetable oil
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- egg, large
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
The full printable recipe is below.
This recipe can be made in a few simple steps:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Be sure to line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, spices and salt. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Dump dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until almost incorporated. There should still be some specs of flour here and there.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until combined. It is important that you do not overmix.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful- or I prefer using a medium scoop - onto the baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until the tops are no longer wet looking. You can check with a toothpick or break one open to make sure it is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Bonus- here is the tip that will put them over the top- trust me! Add a couple chocolate chips gently in the top of the cookies after removing them from the oven!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1-2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, spices and salt. Mix together and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla.
Dump dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until almost incorporated. There should still be some specs of flour here and there. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
Drop cookies by the spoonful- approximately 2 teaspoons or a medium scoop - onto a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
Bake 9-11 minutes or until the tops are no longer wet looking. You can check with a toothpick or break one open to make sure it is cooked.
Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan for several minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Optional: gently tuck in a couple extra chocolate chips on the top of each cookie. It really makes a difference in the end result- the way they look and taste!
- These cookies taste best cooled and taste even better the next day!
- You can store in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- You can substitute pumpkin pie spice for spices- 1 tsp cinnamon + 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Use the scoop and level method for measuring flour for best results.
Here are some more delicious Pumpkin recipes you will love!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.