With just a Yard of fabric, you can make easy and beautiful no-sew throw pillows for your home!
I am going to show you the easiest way to make throw pillows for your home with this no-sew tutorial! It only takes a couple minutes and is easy to customize for any decor or season. You might also enjoy my best Budget Friendly Fall Decor tips and no-sew flannel throw blanket tutorial.
How to Make a No-Sew Pillow
Making this no-sew pillow is one of the easiest things you will ever do!
You will need a yard of fabric and a pillow form from one of your 18- 20 inch pillows. That's it! I like to use flannel fabrics, but you can be creative and use whatever you have on hand! Some fabrics naturally fray more than others, so you will want to be mindful of this when choosing.
I have a basket that I keep my pillow covers in and then I always reuse my forms from season to season. I always prefer down forms as well. They make pillows so poofy and comfy looking.
- Prewash fabric. If you are using a fabric that is not supposed to be washed, then skip this step. I like to prewash mine so there is no shrinking later.
- lay fabric out on a flat surface and iron if needed.
- Place pillow form on top of fabric with corners laying opposite of the corners of the fabric.
- Tie opposite fabric corners together in a knot.
- Tie remaining 2 corners together in a knot that covers the first knot.
- Fluff pillow and turn it so the knot faces in toward the couch or chair.
That is it! It really is that simple!
Washing Your Pillow
When it comes time to wash your pillow cover, just un-knot and throw in the washing machine. Repeat assembly steps to put back on your pillows.
No Sew Pillows for Holidays
This is a great tutorial because you can change out your pillows as your decor changes through the holidays and throughout the year. You could make some for Christmas, Fall, even Easter, Spring and Summer!
They also store very easily folded in a cupboard.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.