Create a beautiful feeling of fall in your home with these easy and inexpensive fall mantel decor ideas. With a few simple touches and DIYs, you can create a gorgeous fireplace mantel as the centerpiece of your family room.
Fall decorating can be absolutely beautiful without spending a lot of money like budget friendly fall decor, foraged arrangements with tips for fall entertaining, or my favorite, DIY pressed fall leaf luminaries.
I like to keep mantels somewhat simple when decorating for the seasons. This one uses things that are easy to find this time of the year and very budget friendly.
Faux Fireplace Mantel Makeover
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that we have moved into a rental home while we sell our home and look for land to build. I wanted to add some character to our house and make it feel more cozy and like "us," so I scoured thrift stores and online for a faux fireplace. I was thrilled when I found this one and gave it a little makeover with some white paint. It used to be an old store display that I absolutely love to add character to our rental home. It will be so fun to use throughout the different seasons and holidays.
Fall Mantel Supplies
- Faux Fireplace (thrifted)
- DIY Canvas Art
- my favorite glass votive candles
- Large arched mirror (thrifted)
- fall leaves, faux or foraged
- a large vintage bucket (thrifted) or vase
- white pumpkins
How to Decorate a Fall Mantel
Fall mantels are so easy and fun to put together. You can use any combination of fall decor items from the list below, but be sure to add charm with some fall color or foraged branches.
This fall mantel was very easy to put together. The key is to create layers, depth and varying heights.
- After painting the fireplace white, I used a thrifted mirror to add height. I might paint the mirror in the future, but I like how it is warm with the fall colors for now.
- I added my favorite fall leaves that I have had for several years now in an antique bucket to the right of the mirror which adds color and another layer of height. If you don't have good faux leaves, there are so many that can be foraged this time of the year and they are all beautiful!
- Next I added a DIY Canvas Art that I made. I love the vintage landscape. It adds warmth and classic interest to the Fall mantel.
- I also added a couple of white pumpkins because I love cute pumpkins in the fall.
- Lastly, I added some votive candles.
Inexpensive Fall Mantel Ideas
Here are some inexpensive fall mantel decor ideas:
- vase or bucket with foraged leaves
- DIY Canvas Art
- Old books
- free fall printables
- large mirror or artwork
- baskets or other things with natural fibers
- copper accents
- DIY pressed fall leaf luminaries
Here are some more beautiful and budget friendly fall decor ideas!
Ella Claire & Co. | Dear Lillie | Inspired by Charm | Zevy Joy
Azure Farm | French Country Cottage | City Farmhouse | Handmade Farmhouse
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your mantle looks lovely Kristin! I love how much you love fall and Christmas--you do such a great job of creating coziness with both!
That is so sweet of you! Thank you Jennie!