A vintage Gold Christmas tree with white, cream and metallic neutrals feels elegant and classic all at the same time! I love how calming and warm it feels in our bedroom this year!
I love decorating Christmas trees! These posts dedicated to how to decorate a Christmas tree, The BEST Christmas Tree Ribbon Tutorial, and 25 of the best flocked Christmas trees are some of the most useful if you are decorating for Christmas!
This gold Christmas tree has ended up being one of my very favorites. I made it similar to the vintage blue and warm silver tree I had in my room last year, but with gold accents instead of the color. I actually misplaced my ribbon for the previous tree, so I had to improvise and I ended up loving the calm, peaceful results.
For everything that I was able to source online, I added it to my Christmas sources page.
Gold Christmas Ornaments
The real stars of the show on this vintage gold Christmas tree are the large gold bells and the glitter glass stars. The tree wouldn't have its' golden charm without them.
I found both ornaments very randomly. The gold bells are from a grocery store and the glitter stars are from a local antique store.
I truly believe that the most beautiful trees happen when you collect things you love, and not just order from the big box stores. I always love collected, curated trees that look different than everyone else's trees!
Adding ribbon to a Christmas tree is always one of my favorite touches because it adds softness and movement to the tree. For all of my tips and tricks, see my post for the BEST Christmas tree ribbon tutorial.
I had originally planned on using a gold ribbon for this Christmas tree but ended up loving just the most subtle pop of black. A bunch of my favorite ribbons are linked here.
A beaded garland would be pretty on this tree as well.
Free Printable Banner for Gold Christmas Tree
The DIY free printable Merry Christmas banners act as a sort of ribbon as well. They look very similar to the eye. They loop in and out of the tree in a very similar way.
You can grab the free printable from my blog and see others on my free Christmas printables page.
How to Decorate a Gold Christmas Tree
- Follow these steps to set up and fluff the Christmas tree. This is arguably the most important step because it makes such a huge difference in the way the overall tree looks.
- Start by adding the floral picks and stems to the Christmas tree. I used picks of frosted pinecones, cream dried floral looking ones, and some frosted white flowers.
- Add your biggest ornaments (and bells). I did this evenly around the entire tree as well.
- Weave in and out the DIY free printable Merry Christmas banners, evenly throughout the tree.
- Add large stars, and any medium sized ornaments.
- Using this tutorial for How to Add Ribbon to a Christmas Tree, add ribbon, or simple tie bows as I did.
- Finish by adding in the smaller ornaments in an outer layer around the tree.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.