We still love the dark floor we installed 2 years ago, but it does tend to show every speck of dirt and mess. With 3 kids under the age of 4, we tend to have little messes to clean up here and there all. the. time. Everything from crackers and crumbs, to dirt and lint. Sometimes, with nearly 1000 sq. ft. of dark flooring in our main living areas, it can feel a little overwhelming. For the past year or so I have been thinking about getting a Robotic Vacuum to help keep up with all of it.
I was excited for the opportunity to review the bObi Pet because it was exactly what I was looking for- with added features that I didn’t even know robotic Vacuums could have. I thought I would share some of the pros and cons with you, but overall, I am completely in love. It has helped to take some of the stress out of my day, and helped to keep things nice and tidy.
Some of the cons:
- The kids think it is the coolest toy in our house (ok, not really a con but funny that I have to keep them from playing with it all of the time 🙂 I guess I think it is the coolest toy too.
- You have to make sure all of the cords, toys, socks, etc. are off of the floor for it to run easily without getting stuck.
- You have to remember to pull out the chairs and stools every now and again to get underneath them. Usually I just end up sweeping those the old fashioned way, but it is nice to be able to set it to run at night and just pull them out before I go to bed.
- It does need to be emptied often… maybe that is because of the fact that I have 3 kids under 4 :).
Some of the pros:
- It keeps the floor picked up (hooray!)
- It can be set by remote to come on anytime day or night.
- It can vacuum my rug as well as the hard surfaces.
- It can fit under my coffee table.
- It also has a mop attachment and disinfects with UV light
- It finds it’s way back to the charging station when it needs to be charged.
- It saves my sanity some days by having one less thing on the old to-do list.
- If you have a pet, it is a perfect way to stay on top of all of the pet hair.
- It is very quiet to run. I can run it at night or during nap times and can barely hear it.
- If there is a mess in just one area of my home, I can set it to “waffle” and it will just stay in the one area and clean. Or, I can choose to set it to “Go” and it can clean up to 1000 sq. feet.
Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons. I almost feel silly listing some of those cons. And I love that my sweet 2 year old think that it is his pet. He talks about- and to- his bObi Pet all of the time. So, I guess she is a member of the family now. So cute.
I received a bObi Pet with no monetary compensation to review and share my honest opinions and experience. All opinions are my own, and we are truly in love with having this great tool to help pick up after our 3 littles!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.